Monday, July 18, 2011

7 reasons why women cheat, Reason 3.

Reason 3: Absence doesn't make the heart grow fonder.

"My boyfriend Greg and I decided to do the long-distance thing after I was accepted to a graduate program 200 miles from where we lived. The first few months were fine, but I soon found myself becoming extremely attracted to my lab partner, Henry. What began as innocent flirting eventually wound up with us getting physical. After the program was over, I returned home to Greg. Being with him was really difficult, but I didn’t break up with him initially because I was still attracted to him, too. I visited Henry a few times and realized that he was really more of a fling, probably done out of boredom, and that Greg was the one for me. I eventually stopped communicating with Henry. I never told Greg about what happened, which occasionally makes me feel guilty, but I chalk my cheating up to being young and silly. He and I are still together, four years after my program ended." - Tamara, 33

BUT ON THE BRIGHT SIDE, I think that no contact is just a cowardly way of dumping someone. If you like someone, you want to be with them. If you love them, you have to be with them.

p/s: The lack of something increases the desire for it.

Always toward absent lovers love's tide stronger flows.

No comments:

Post a Comment